Saturday, May 1, 2021

Z-Man

I have kept true to my promise.

I am giving the Radiation Squad a full dose of Joe.

There is a team of people who monitor the dropping of my drawers. Not the same every day, they rotate - usually three people at a session. It takes a village to kill cancer.

Their names are:

Roxanne, 2 Tammys and 1 Tami, Dana, Scot, Amy, and Zorren. I decided to memorize their names to make this situation more personal. I greet them personally every time. They respond like friends. We laugh. We talk.

It helps.

Zorren is a college student who spends time on the job and time at school. We get along perfectly; he makes me laugh, I make him laugh. We got comfortable with each other right quick.

I call him Z-Man.

Found out yesterday that he is heading back to school - yesterday was his last day at the hospital for a while. Fortunately he was at my zapping session.

I wished him luck; told him it was a pleasure to meet him. As I was leaving he stopped me, looked me right in the eye and said with empathy - "I hope this all goes well for you."

He meant it.

I was deeply moved.

Another piece of my soul was restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment