Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Thank GOD For Blazing Saddles

 "And the Writers Guild of America award for Best Comedy Written Directly for the Screenplay in 1974 is...................

Blazing Saddles."

Classic fucking movie. Laugh your ass off kind of movie. Probably couldn't even be made in 2021 with all this oversensitive don't want to hurt anybody's feelings bullshit.

Pertinent quote from The Waco Kid:

"Then one day I hear 'Reach for it, Mister." I spun around and there I was standing face to face with a six year old kid. Well, I just laid down my guns and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since."

I am that in microcosm. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday I crawl inside a whiskey bottle to marinate for however many hours it takes to quiet my brain.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I float through time like an angel.

One of my goals in life is to hammer this point home to you over and over again in as many different ways as possible. Until one of us keels over and dies from the boredom of repetition.

In truth, this situation presents the ultimate opportunity for me to use all of my newly cultivated brain power to blow past the self-destructive behavior and stagger towards a healthier and more intelligent solution.

How's that for a twist on the perspective of this soul-sucking reality?

Just trying to keep you interested.


P.S. - I have no doubt that a majority of the cold-hearted people I work with would delight in shooting me in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment