Sunday, May 30, 2021

They're Baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fans.

Fenway had a lot of people in the stands yesterday. A lot! Not as many as there could have been because the weather sucked. Still, it was cool.

But The Garden! Holy shit, man - SOLD OUT last night for the Bruins. It felt so good. 18,000 people without masks side by side and elbow to elbow doing what they love to do with complete abandon. It felt like and was a PARTY! People were fucking happy/relieved/ecstatic/free/human - having a good time the way good times were meant to be had.

Every time they showed the fans in the stands I drank it in. It's that whole perspective thing that is going to inform my opinions and reactions for a long time to come. I looked at that crowd with such excitement and appreciation and emotion. I was happy for them. I was happy for the Bruins. I was happy for me.

Absolutely spectacular.

Game 1, Round 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs and the Bruins delivered. The Garden was rocking!!!!!!! It was LOUD. People were losing their minds.

A perfect moment.

And fucking Pastrnak! I fucking love that guy despite his goofy Dunkin commercials. Or maybe because of them. During Round 1 all we kept hearing about was how many shots he took without scoring. Then, towards the end he came alive. And last night he exploded. A hat trick. And there were fans there to throw hats onto the ice. Lots of hats on the ice!

That game last night was a statement. A commentary on where we have been and we are at. It was jubilant in every way possible. From start to finsih.

Perfect way to kick off however life will be defined moving forward. Whatever it will be, it will be exponentially better than it has been for well over a year. Light years ahead of where we were.

Boston Garden (I am old school - I refuse to call it TD garden - the name has no soul) was Ground Zero for The New Happiness. A profound happiness that people will feel like thunder in their minds and hearts and souls from here on out.

Bring it on, baby. I am so ready.

We are all so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment