Monday, September 27, 2021

A Consistent Line

 In the past, I have said the same thing to Lakota and Maka.

Now Emmy Lou and Patsy.

"I love you so much. I just hate myself."

Don't panic, for Christ sake - don't condescend - don't puke or decide I am a weak, lily-livered, pantywaist of a man, don't.........................................

You know I'm kidding. I'd have to be. Right?

Who the hell in their right mind could love a cat and hate himself?

It is just not feasible. It's not right. It disturbs the balance of the universe.

Humans supersede animals in the hierarchy of life. That's just the way it is.

They give us love and sensitivity. We kill them. And eat them.

Not cats, for Christ sake - I am not talking about cats.

Although Carol and I had Chinese food over the weekend and the sesame chicken was stringy and chewy. I didn't enjoy it like I usually do. Hard times??????????????????????????

I focused on the pork fried rice.

What saves my sanity is that every one of them - Lakota, Maka, Emmy Lou and Patsy - have responded in the same way. They look up at me with that fierce honesty only an animal can communicate - that love so soft but so tough that it can defeat the hardest, coldest, most vicious human being on the planet  - and they say:

" Are you fucking kidding me? Jesus Christ - you are made of love. You are The King of Sensitivity. You redefined the meaning of the word empathy. You are a beautiful man. You have to love yourself."

And the matter is settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment