Monday, September 27, 2021

Either Or

You either love animals or you don't.

If you say you love cats but hate dogs, or love dogs but hate cats - you are taking a position. A position that in your ignorance you think defines you.

In a way it does. It defines you as a piece of shit.

Animals are precious, they are holy, they are pure fucking love, they are unquestioningly loyal - period.

Animals are innocent. That is the sticking point. 

Humans are not innocent. Humans are calculating and evil. They are broken organisms who are incapable of recognizing or expressing pure love.

Stay the fuck away from me unless you love all animals.

I have had one dog in my life - Onyx. And I am grateful for him. He was the sweetest dog on planet earth.

Many times when I would lean against the kitchen sink in abject depression (which happens a lot), Onyx would walk up to me and touch his nose to my hand. Give me a little nudge. Many times without me even noticing he was there through the black curtain that suffocated my mind. He was there to say "I love you."

I loved him SO much and he was sensitive and responsive to my moods. To the Nth degree.

I have had 6 cats now. Every one of whom I loved with all my heart and who gave the intensity of that love right back to me. Selflessly.

So don't tell me you love dogs and hate cats, or love cats and hate dogs. If you utter those words to me I will write you off as a fucking prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment