Monday, September 20, 2021

Problem Solving With Expertise and Insight

My problem solving ability is spectacular.

A problem crops up, I dig in and assemble a specific plan of attack, and then go at the problem ruthlessly until the problem no longer exists.

For instance, lately at work I have been punching the towel dispenser in the men's room. The problem is the job, the solution is to beat up the towel dispenser.

A right hand jab straight from the shoulder works magic. Clean and efficient.

The job is out of control. I was starting from a place of intense hatred and dwindling ability to cope. Then we lost a couple of people and a heavy load has gotten unmanageable.

But I have the towel dispenser.

Until two weeks ago.

I hit that son of a bitch from the wrong angle. Technique is everything. Unfortunately I was off my game.

By the end of the day my finger was swollen, black & blue and painful.

Fortunately I am a quick learner.

After reviewing the evidence I reached a conclusion - punching the towel dispenser is actually not solving my problem.

This enabled me to move on to other considerations.

Like the potential benefit of banging my head against the towel dispenser.

No comments:

Post a Comment