Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Bad JuJu

A few weeks ago some dickheads casually mentioned they'd be interested in buying our house.

Cash offer, no inspection etc. Been chasing them ever since to get a proposal in writing.

Calls not returned, emails ignored. Obviously we quickly assumed the worst, not that we really expected a miracle like that to happen. Good things do not happen to good people.

Got an answer yesterday.

FORGET IT! Fucking scumbags.

As I said - we expected this. But it's the level of scumbaggery that astounds.

I spoke to the wife-person a couple of weeks ago, after making a previous call, and sending two emails  that went unreturned. She said - stuttering and sputtering - "oh yeah, we tried to get a proposal to you but we've been having trouble with our email. Give me a couple of hours and I'll get a proposal to you."

Never happened. You fucking, lowlife piece of rancid shit - if you weren't interested, just fucking tell me.

I hate this world and all the people in it.

So here we go. Putting the pieces together to unload this house the way normal people do. Walking down a treacherous path. You fucking never know what will happen; victory or massacre.

The last time we sold/bought a house was in 1986. We bought a house in 1979 for $30,000 - sold it in 1986 for $115,000. Smart people would be set for life in a situation like that. We put a major chunk of change down on this house, ended up with a tiny mortgage with a term of 15 years. FIFTEEN years. The house would be ours outright in 2001.

Nope. We bought a business, that business tanked, we got fucked financially, we are STILL paying for the house. Over and over again.

This is the most expensive house in the entire recorded history of home ownership.

So here we go. Will Covid rescue us? Will the house go for more than it is worth? Or is it too fucking late? Are we about to get fucked again? Unable to sell this rat-trap, stuck here in abject poverty and eternal shame.

I don't know. I don't care. I just got home from "work". I feel like a broken man. I am slumperd over, fucking tired, beaten, having dealt with another day of menial labor that rips my fucking guts out.

I don't fucking care.

I have no answers.

Go fuck yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment