Sunday, January 15, 2023

Powder Keg

 "Everyone is a murderer. You just have to meet the right person."

Stanley Tucci as Jefferson Grieff in Inside Man on Netflix.


There is a disturbing feel of believability to this quote. 

It comes from a series on Netflix titled Inside Man. I stumbled upon it yesterday while Carol was out and watched all four episodes - four hours of pure indulgence that felt oh so good.

I often wonder if I have what it takes to kill someone. I nurture intense anger, I have a short fuse, and whiskey releases inhibitions.

I read the quote to Carol and she said she could see me killing her. I was pissed. I could never kill Carol - I love her.

She said she could see me getting over the top angry about something with a belly full of whiskey, and taking it out on her.

She's full of shit, it could never happen. And what pissed me off is that it means she has no idea how much I love her. But that's a discussion for another day and time.

Anyway, it's an interesting quote. Is everyone a murderer? In the right circumstance, could you lash out with a knife or fire a gun or swing a lamp and kill someone?

You don't really know, do you?

What I do know is that you have a lot of anger inside you that you keep hidden from the world.

A powder keg, baby - a powder keg.

No comments:

Post a Comment