Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I WILL Live Forever

So I am still reading The Power of Now by my buddy Eckhart Tolle as inspiration. Reading it as if I were reading a religious text. Which unfortunately it occasionally comes across as. Lots of God and Jesus references in there. I can deal with that.
Because most of the text resonates with me. It is giving me the mind approach to life that I need.
This morning was disappointing, though.

"When you become identified more with the timeless inner body than with the outer body, when presence becomes your normal mode of consciousness and past and future no longer dominate your attention, you do not accumulate time anymore in your psyche and in the cells of the body. The accumulation of time as the psychological burden of past and future greatly impairs the cells' capacity for self renewal. So if you inhabit the inner body, the outer body will grow old, at a much slower rate, and even when it does, your timeless essence will shine through the outer form, and you will not give the appearance of an old person."

The book is set up in question and answer form. The next question is: "Is there any scientific evidence for this?"
The answer: "Try it out and you will be the evidence."

NO, no, no, no no. I need scientific evidence, empirical proof, I need to be convinced that I can slow down the aging process. I am 58 for Christ sake. Kenny Loggins recorded that song Danger Zone just for me. That is where I am at.

Oh well, nothing is perfect. The book gets a little edgy here and there, a little religious at times, but there is a lot of meat here for someone who needs to firm up their mind.

Dig it, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment