Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Calender Time

I am right in the heart of calender time and the decision weighs heavy this year.
Every year I choose a calender for the writing room that reflects some aspect of my character that is meaningful to me.
To be honest, most of the time I run out at the last minute feeling pressured to make the right choice.
In 2012 I chose an SPCA calender and I have been satisfied and disappointed. Every month I flip the page and look into the eyes of precious and innocent animals and it soothes me.
But there has been prejudice. Only two out of the twelve months feature cats. The dogs are awesome, I love them and they love me. But I have not been inspired by enough cats. The last cat photo was June and there are no more for the rest of the year.
I am tempted to buy a cat calender for 2013 but that seems redundant.
By the way I forgot to introduce you to the October line up of dogs. Barkley, Molly, Bella and Ringo. Super cute. I have a friend with a dog named Ringo. I don't know if he would be pleased or challenged to know there is another one out there. I held Ringo in my arms when he was a tiny puppy. He licked my face and was oh so goddamn cute. Very cool.
2011 and 2012 have been intense for me. Intense with trying. I have sucked it up in a way I thought had been lost to me. I firmly committed to exercising and did so consistently and with wild abandon. Lost weight.
Wrote and wrote and wrote. Trying to write myself a new life.
Worked on the brain and the psyche and the philosophy.
Dove into cooking with ferocity. I cook 99% of our meals and I love it.
I carried much more of the load in the world of the mundane - cleaning the kitty litter box, washing the dishes, emptying the trash, making trips to the dump, food shopping.
I have partially accepted our temporary poverty and have tried to save money whenever possible. Thank God Crown Royal is often on sale. I even use coupons when I food shop and if you know me you know how improbable that is.
I wear a seat belt and floss my teeth.
In short I have re-engaged with life.
I have sagged from time to time. I just came out of a one month period punctuated by lack of enthusiasm.
But I am back in a big way. Back to getting up an hour earlier than I have to on some days (like today) so I can make damn sure I have time to write, exercise, shower, wash the dishes and love the cats.
For the third year in a row I am looking to the new year for the breakthrough. I am jazzed and expectant and hopeful and confident. I want to crash into next year like a ten pin bowling ball rolling unstoppably down the lane.
So the calender choice is crucial.
This time I REALLY need it to mean something to me. I need it to radiate an aura of success. An aura of power to fight back the evil ones who deter me. An aura of self actualization to guide me back to my soul.
Today is October 3, 2012. I have time. And I will give this a lot of thought. It seriously means a lot to me. I need something staring me in the face that will give me the inspiration to keep on fighting.
I will keep you posted because I know you will not get a minute's sleep until I make my decision.
2-0-1-3.
Bring it on, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment