Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Last Thing I Remember

I was excited for the opportunity to vote early. I had strong opinions on the direction this country should take and strong convictions about which man could handle it. I was wearing my Obama button.
I was greeted by a shady looking guy with four days growth of beard, a ripped leather jacket, neck tattoos, wearing rings on four fingers. He led me away from the designated entrance saying "The voting location has been changed."
Walked me into a shaky looking warehouse and pointed me towards a booth.
As I uncertainly walked across the floor, some boards gave way and I tumbled to a broken back.
The last thing I remember seeing as I twisted through the fall was the Believe In America slogan on the back of the leather jacket as he walked away laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment