Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little More.........

thinking a little more about Keith's birthday.

It is the perfect time of year to be born. Your life begins as the world around you comes alive into beauty, comfort and simplicity.

Synchronicity, baby.

If everybody was born in May there would be no war.

I was born in January. January 1 to be exact. Which I consider cool and unique although it has done nothing to bring harmony into my life.

Maybe that is where I am going wrong. January 1 is a time for revelry. I am trying to live an ordered life, one where I can accumulate as many pats on the head as I can.

Good boy for bowing to deadlines and commitments. Good boy for making that mortgage payment.

Maybe I should live in complete and total chaos. Maybe this explains why my ass is more comfortable on a bar stool than in my recliner.

Maybe I am fighting the nature that was dictated to me by the timing of my birth. I was even born late on January 1, robbing my parents of headlines and tax breaks.

Every sign points to turbulence.

But I digress.

May is the perfect time to be born. Even wardrobe-wise. Carol and I were discussing this and she pointed out that because Keith's first few months opened up into warmth, all she had to do was slap a diaper on him and he was good to go. No wardrobe coordination headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment