Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Vapidity

Humans need mindless cliches to get by.

Because we lack originality.

This is the greatest source of my boredom - lack of originality. Somehow, someway, life reduces us to robots who march in step dutifully while uttering hollow words with no pre-thought.

New ones come along all the time. To fill the huge vacuum of vapidity.

Like Git Er Done. Or Not So Much.

The King of them all, however, is "We need the rain."

It could rain 2 inches a day for 67 days. The next day is 78 degrees and sun dappled with a forecast of rain for tomorrow.

But someone somewhere will say, and you have my personal lifetime guarantee on this, "Yeah it's nice today but it's gonna rain tomorrow. That's OK - we need the rain."

Taking it one step further - I believe it is only in America that "we need the rain" is used as mindlessly.

Boredom is shredding my soul. It weakens my muscles and numbs my nerve endings. It clouds my mind and cataracts my vision.

Please. Work with me. Let's express what is in our hearts. Let's express what is in our souls. Let's put honest words and emotion out there and see what changes.

You got nothing to lose.

Have a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. ME....My brother thinks he's a chicken.
    DOC...Why don't you get him some help.
    ME..I would but we need the eggs...plus we need the rain

    Cabana Steve

    ReplyDelete