Friday, December 13, 2013

And Now It Is Today

All I could think about yesterday was getting home.

I was in a lot of pain. Bolted out of The Asylum at 3:00 and fled down life's lonely highway (poetic license).

Cleaned the kitty litter box, threw the pork roast in the fridge, the red potatoes on the counter, and hit the recliner.

The only position I can adopt that is pain free is in the recliner or in bed, on my back, with two pillows under my head.

Sweet fucking relief.

I did that, awaited Carol's return from her own private hell, we had a quiet night together, very enjoyable (when I was awake) and a nice dinner.

Yes I got out of the recliner to cook dinner. Give me a break.

And now it is today.

I have noticed that today always rolls around. I am always on the run trying to escape something, whether it is physical pain, emotional pain, human contact, the reality of this life I have created, whatever, but I am always running away.

Unfortunately today keeps running towards me.

It was sweet relief to get home and hit the recliner and enjoy Carol's company.

And now it is today.

Physical therapy and work. And pain.

One of the goals of enlightened philosophies is to re-wire your brain. Because it is easier to re-wire your brain than it is to quickly change your life.

Searching for the strength to run towards today.

No comments:

Post a Comment