Friday, December 13, 2013

The Three Year Arc

Really what I am looking at here is three significant years.

2011, 2012, 2013.

2011 was a year of achievement. I dedicated myself to health, set a weight loss goal and I achieved it. I was just amused as I went back and re-read year-end stuff because there was darkness there. I really accomplished a lot that year and yet I could not be happy about it, could not pat myself on the back, could not just savor the flavor of accomplishing something.

Of course, this is my way.

Why, Joseph, why.

2012 drifted by on nothingness. I remained a part timer and was frustrated royally about my lack of progress and the money woes we wallowed in.

2013 rolled around and on 2/22/13 my life changed. Full time job. Decent money. Dramatically less financial woes. High blood pressure. A pinched nerve in my neck.

A dramatic roller coaster ride from hope and happiness to wild eyed despair and surprise.

These three years mean something to me because I took a shot. I tried.

Actually since 2006 I have been bouncing around my life with eyes towards new horizons. You have heard it all before but it bears repeating because it is the track record of a man desperately trying to grab hold of his life.

Fled accounting, got into tending bar at an American Legion, which I loved, worked for a food distributor, tended bar at an inn which I loved, worked part time for the lovely and talented New Hampshire State liquor Commission, landed a full time job with the same people.

But the last three years felt more intense. Hence my intensified anger at where I am right now, what I am dealing with.

It is an eye opener, though. A physical ailment has intruded, alerting me to the fact that procrastination might not be the best choice with regards to the rest of my life.

I am trying to function with the pain, but I can tell you when the pain is gone....................

No sense in finishing that sentence.

So that's the story.

2013 sits like a turd in the middle of my dinner plate.

Gonna grab me a clean plate for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment