Monday, December 9, 2013

Intelligent Language Is Succinct

As you know, I worship words.

I made my way downstairs yesterday just before THE PATS game. Carol was watching Law & Order. She loves that show. So do I.

But my go to show when I just want to chill is The Sopranos. For Carol it is Law & Order.

She also loves Jack McCoy (AKA Sam Waterston). Absolutely loves the man. He is a threat to our marriage.

I am feeling a little more secure now that Jacoby has defected to the Yankees. She adores Jacoby Ellsbury. But he is a yankee now and I'm hoping this will inspire a flame of hatred in Carol that will grow into a towering inferno.

Of course Sam Elliott is still lurking out there. She's in love with him too.

I don't know what I'm going to do about that. He's a pretty cool guy.

Anyway I descend the stairs and hear Jack McCoy say "the power that we vest in the Almighty."

Intelligent language is direct, it is precise. It says a lot in a short phrase, a quick punch.

I know you are not impressed by this but I was, and I couldn't wait to wake up and tell you all about it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment