Monday, December 9, 2013

Today Minus One

I blew it yesterday.

I found a position that provides almost complete relief from the pain I have been enjoying.

In bed on my back with two pillows under my head, or in my recliner with two pillows under my head.

I spent as much of yesterday as possible in that position.

Its hard to type in that position.

So I forgot to remind you that yesterday was the 33rd anniversary of the cold-blooded murder of John Lennon.

I thought about it. It always upsets me. My mind has never accepted the reality and it never will.

May Mark David Chapman suffer endlessly and rot in hell eternally.

I loved John Lennon. I cherish his memory.


In a related incident, yesterday was Gregg Allman's 66th birthday. Its always a bittersweet day for me because I am supremely happy that Gregg is still around and  giving my soul a reason to breathe, while my mind is clouded with the sadness of the death of John Lennon.

I guess I will reconcile all that with the comforting thought and soul deep appreciation that both of these men have been a part of my life and as such, have made my existence on this earth more beautiful.

Happy Birthday Gregg.

Rock on John.

No comments:

Post a Comment