Friday, March 6, 2015

Just Pretend...................

Just pretend that this post occurs after the Wilfork post.

Told you I was listening to ZLX.

My brother Ed turned me on to that station just a few days ago.

I have been listening to it ever since.

The morning DJ's are hilarious, and they do this bit called the "senseless survey", which rocks.

They call people up randomly and tell them they are conducting a senseless survey - most people hear "census survey" and hang on the line to be questioned.

They get questions like "Ever wonder why the Grateful Dead were so good everyone had to be messed up to see them live?"..........Do you sometimes get sad Penguins can't fly but then you remember you don't have to clean their crap off of your car?...............Do you still need help opening a soy sauce pocket?...........Do you microwave hot sauce to make it hotter?..................Is a muffin just a cupcake you're allowed to eat for breakfast?"

The people being questioned get more leery as the questions progress but often keep on answering them.

It is hilarious.

One guy was immediately on the defensive. He said he didn't have time for a survey.

The DJ's buried him. They asked: "Are you a married guy who's wife and kids push you around? Is that why you don't have time?"

The guy told them he wasn't married.

The caller said: "You have no wife and kids and you don't have 30 seconds for a survey?"

The guy hung up.

Point #2 - my brother Ed also introduced me to Sunday morning blues, also on ZLX. He has been telling me about it for a very long time.

I am slow to pick up.

However, recently, I have been checking it out.

And it is magnificent.

If Carol ever divorced me I would marry the blues. That is how much I love the genre.

The point of my rambling is as follows.

My son Keith recently introduced me to 98.5 sports talk radio.

I have been listening to that a lot as well.

And laughing and digging it.

So here I am driving to my own private hell for two solid years now and all of a sudden I have two new radio stations to listen to and be entertained by and laugh with.

And a Sunday morning blues ride that penetrates directly into my soul.

Courtesy of my brother and my son.

You have to be open to change always and be willing to trust the opinions of the people you trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment