Friday, March 6, 2015

Now I Know..................

Now I know I love Vince Wilfork.

Wasn't sure yesterday; I am today.

Driving to The Asylum this morning listening to ZLX - 100.7  - they had put together an audio montage of Vince Wilfork moments.

It was awesome.

It hit me that all you need to inspire adulation is a montage - visual or audio. I am a sucker for that stuff.

You are too.

Are you kidding me? After Super Bowl XVIX - which was won by THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS don't you know, I heard a million audio montages from the game.

All the key plays, cake frosted by the mega-interception by Malcolm Butler.

I ate that shit up. Over and over again.

Side note: I taped the Super Bowl. Had it sitting delectably on my DVR. Watched it twice. Planned on watching it a lot more.

Trouble. An HBO station was tiling up on us. Unwatchable. The tech dude came out.........................and had to replace the box.

I lost the Super Bowl.

Bummer. But I will get it back one way or another.

Anyway..........................I am smiling and laughing on my way to The Asylum this morning listening to Wilfork grab his third career interception, score a touchdown, make massive plays, get interviewed.

The DJ's told a great story - I hope it is true. They said when Wilfork was new to THE PATS, they interviewed him on air during a snowstorm. He was born and raised in Florida.

He bought himself a manly truck, put a plow on it - and was plowing Route 495 during the interview. Supposedly he didn't know you couldn't do that.

Great story.

Wilfork's twitter comments, summarized: "Please know how blessed my family and I have been to be able to play 11 years in New England for an amazing organization....................I have played 11 years for the greatest head coach ever......................I've played next to Men that I now have as brothers for a lifetime, a first class organization................................but regardless remember I will always remain a New Englander a Patriot forever."

Vince Wilfork has played his entire career up to this point with THE PATS.

I am sentimental. I am emotional. I am a soft touch when it comes to wearing my feelings on my sleeve.

I am now in love with Vince Wilfork.

No comments:

Post a Comment