Monday, March 2, 2015

Second Thoughts

Those of you who pay any attention at all to this blog will notice that I deleted the 03/01 post about how I wasted the month of February.

It was self-indulgent, whiny, weak and self pitying to the point of projectile vomiting.

So let's start again.

The deaths of my brother-in-law Sarge and my nephew Jonathan weigh heavy on my mind. I am fiercely committed to not insulting their lives with my whining.

After I posted those words on 03/01, I thought about what I said. I thought about that after driving up to Maine on Saturday to visit Cori and John and Kevin. Having a great visit while simultaneously being unable to ignore Sarge's void. I thought about it after having a couple of conversations with my brother yesterday.

I am irrevocably committed to speaking substance in 2015. To making something worthwhile of myself and my life, partially in honor of the lives that Jonathan and Sarge lived.

In hindsight, I had no choice but to delete what I wrote on 3/01. It was self indulgent garbage.

Let's pretend that today is March 1, 2015.

It is a new month. A new start. In keeping with my month to month philosophy in 2015, I am jazzed.

Been a tough winter no doubt.

But March brings spring. And spring is what I and every inhabitant of New England crave.

It is going to get warmer. It is going to get prettier. It is going to get easier.

This new month promises a transition into life as it should be lived. Comfortably. Slowly. Deliciously.

In T-shirts and shorts. In suntans and sweat.

It is coming back around.

I am going to do the best I can do with the month of March.

I hope you do too.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment