Saturday, July 4, 2015

Hey Moe!

I felt hollow all week long.

Thin, transparent, hollowed out and practically non-existent.

Back to work syndrome.

I took ten days off from HELL at the end of June. June 19 - June 28. Didn't tell you about it.

Apparently it was a closely held secret.

I spent that time beautifully. Read a lot, exercised a lot, researched job opportunities a lot, applied for jobs, listened to music, cooked, visited my brother, enjoyed a magnificent Father's Day, spent a day with Carol.

The vacation was designed to re-shape my mind and habits and attitudes so I can get on with my life.

Nothing takes when you are consumed with hate.

Monday, June 29 I was back on the job and deeply back into the juvenile, meaningless shit I have to deal with as a result of who I work with and what I do.

The vacation didn't take.

I presume that if you are living your life in accordance with your soul, a vacation is a delightful interlude. Something that nurtures and heals you, allowing you to breathe. So that when you return to the workplace you are rested and positive.

I doubt that is true of most people. I think my experience is probably more honest.

A vacation serves as more of an escape, so it is tinged with negativity. I tried hard to turn my time off into something positive and to avoid experiencing it as an escape.

My emotions upon returning to The Asylum exposed the truth.

Maybe I expect too much. Ten days of introspection and mind altering are not enough to explode into a new reality. At least not for me.

I staggered through the week. I have not exercised once this week and that is the first time that has happened since May 1.

My mindset was negative and horrified.

Change must happen from within. I know that, and that is what I am trying to achieve.

Wasting ten work related hours a day is not conducive to internal change.

Not without superhuman effort.

Thank God I have three days off. Sat, Sun and Mon.

Three more days to try to re-set my mind and therefore my reality.

I'm under a lot of pressure.

Feels like I have to move forward in 2015 or I will slide backwards in 2016.

I have no room for backwards.

I have a friend who used to claim that odd numbered years were good for him, even numbered years were bad.

I used to think that was stupid.

I am beginning to think there is wisdom in that.

In addition I have the added pressure of weather.

Warm weather is good for me, cold weather is anathema.

Not much of 2015 left. Precious little "warm" weather left.

As verbalized by a character in a Three Stooges short, and paraphrased by me - I feel like the Sword of Damocles is hanging over my head. 


1 comment:

  1. I always wonder how that pie hung up there so long, hanging by the stretched pie filling but yet fell on cue. Don't keep walking through life looking up for that pie to fall. What I'm trying to say is....Florida.

    ReplyDelete