Friday, July 3, 2015

On a Mission From God

Carol and I went food shopping Wednesday night.

We got a new thing. We shop once a month.

It works. We got it down.

And the fridge looks magnificent on that first night of food.

Crammed, stuffed and jammed.

The end of the month looks scarce. Scuttling by on yogurt and cat food.

A fun experiment.

It rained while we were shopping and when we came out of The Infamous Market Basket we spied a rainbow.

A glorious, bright, specific, crystal clear rainbow.

It is a sign.

In July I will lose 15 pounds.

In July I will get a new job.

In July I will hit Power Ball and quit my new job.

In July I will publish my first novel.

In July I will achieve supreme happiness and hold it close to my heart for the remainder of my days in this life.

(Editor's note: May was a glorious month and it gave me hope. June was a pain in the ass. Up and down and generally not summer-like. Today is July 3. When I crawled out of bed it was fifty degrees.
I was cold. COLD. In July. It should be 90 degrees every day of July. Summer is slipping away; it is running away and I am disgusted. I despair of ever experiencing the consistent inside-out warmth I need to function at maximum capability.)

No comments:

Post a Comment