Wednesday, August 5, 2015

5:46? That's All?

Had the day off today.

Carol took it off and we motored on out to Sunapee NH for the NH League of Craftsmen Craft Fair.

You ask - Joe - must you sacrifice your masculinity to keep your marriage alive?

A resounding no.

I enjoyed it.

First of all I am a jewelry freak. I love jewelry. I covet it in all ways, shapes and forms. Carol says I wear more jewelry than she does.

She is correct.

I knew the prices would be elevated but I thought I might find a unique piece that I could afford.

Nope.

I enjoy being around the enormously creatively talented. I despair at the truth that there is so much talent out there and so few making a living at it.

We saw gorgeous stuff.

Jewelry, glassware, clothing, paintings, photography, woodwork, and on and on and on. All unique, all beautiful, and most exorbitantly priced.

It bothered me, as this type of situation always does, that we didn't have the money to spend.

$300 and each of us could have bought something memorable and unique.

BUT we had a very nice time on a very gorgeous day walking around for hours and checking out the talent.

Returned to Henniker and consumed lunch at Daniels', sitting at an outdoor table overlooking the river.

Such an un-Wednesday afternoon thing to do.

Which made it perfect.

On the way to Sunapee ( a beautiful drive) we drove by one of my favorite landmarks.

A large rock on the side of the road with the following words spray painted on it: "Chicken Farmer I Still Love You."

There is an entire world contained within those words. Two lives contained within those words.

I would give anything to know the story behind those words and the reasons why a human felt compelled to etch them for eternity into a large rock by a relatively major road.

Then again, maybe not. Life tends to be so much more romantic when you are not acquainted with the facts.

Carol and I had an incredibly peaceful and soul satisfying day.

Still, it is only 5:46. The whole night is ahead of us.

This is the way life is supposed to be lived.




No comments:

Post a Comment