Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Keith Bonanza

September 18 will be one boffo day.

On that day Keith Richards will be releasing his new solo album, "Crosseyed Heart." It is his first solo album in over 20 years.

In addition, on September 18, a film entitled "Keith Richards: Under The Influence" will be released.

This is a Netflix original documentary and will premier only on Netflix.

It is described as "an unprecedented look into the sounds and influences of rock and roll icon Keith Richards."

This, my friends, is Christmas come early for me.

I have always said that one of the reasons I love the man is that he is an ultra-rich derelict.

I am taking liberties here because the man is not a derelict. He is a supremely talented guitar player and deeply informed student of the blues and rock and roll.

He is well respected within the musical world.

He is that rare individual who is willing to take a back seat (sort of) for the good of the band.

He is part of the rhythm section. Bass, drums and rhythm guitar. He is exceptionally close to Charlie Watts. They play off each other. That's how rhythm sections work.

You won't hear Keith ripping off wild-ass solos, although he has come up with a hell of a lot of memorable riffs in his musical career.

He is the glue that holds The Stones together.

I must admit that as the shadows cast longer upon my life I wouldn't mind being fondly remembered as a rich derelict.

I have taken a stab at the derelict part. Now all I gotta do is come up with the cash.

I honestly believe many of you feel the same way too.

Anyway, he is a unique and interesting guy and I cannot get enough of him.

9/18/15.

I'll be there, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment