Thursday, April 30, 2020

Maka Is Spreading The Love Around

Maka has really taken charge.

She has us smiling and laughing and talking about her 28 times a day.

The most noticeable and coolest thing she does is to distribute her love.

Every once in a while she'll be curled up in my lap. She'll stand up, stretch, walk across the end table and the scratching post and curl up on the couch next to Carol. Leaning her body and head into Carol.

It makes Carol so happy.

This is unheard of. I am the King of cat lap sitting. They always sat in my lap. Always.

I like to believe it is because I am the ultimate source of human love. The truth is it is more comfortable for them because of the angle of the recliner.

Used to be Carol rarely had a cat in her lap or next to her. Things have changed.

Maka says "I know you guys need soothing right now; you need love. I am here to give it. Equitably".

I am not jealous. It makes me happy to see how happy it makes Carol.

As soon as Maka starts to make the move Carol slides over a bit and fluffs up the towel she keeps right next to her for just such an eventuality.

I can look at their reflection in the fish tank. I see Maka curled up contentedly, sleeping; I sense Carol's contentment.

It makes me smile.

Smiles are hard to come by right now. Maka delivers consistently.

The comfort this little cat brings, especially as we deal with the horribleness of the world as it is right now, is absolutely immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment