Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Cracks In My Brain

 "When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that last blow that did it - but all that had gone before."

James Clear


Editor's note: I don't have access to a stonecutter, but I like the image.

Why do I like this quote?

Because I have been hammering away at the rock - aka my brain - for a long, long, long time. It has not split yet, but recently cracks have appeared. These cracks allow pus to ooze out and poisonous gas to escape. There is a general cleansing going on which encourages original and positive thought.

I am getting real good with a chisel, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment