Saturday, March 19, 2022

Bobby Keys - A Hello From Beyond

Started reading Bobby Key's autobiography this morning.

Bobby Key's was a renowned sax player who played with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Harry Nilsson, Delaney & Bonnie and Friends, George Harrison, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker and many others.

And, oh yeah, The Rolling Stones. He played with The Stones for decades.

As you know I buy my books used. Every once in a while I get little treasures.

I open up the book this morning and see that it is autographed. "Thanks, Bobby Keys." Are you fucking kidding me?

I read a couple of pages and a ticket slips out of the book. A ticket from a show Bobby played in New York City in 2012. I flip it over and on the back - Bobby Key's autograph.

My morning could not have begun on any higher note.

No comments:

Post a Comment