Saturday, March 19, 2022

In My Cat's Heads

I was reading quietly on Monday morning, enjoying the compromised peace that one feels as the time to leave for work approaches.

I was admiring my cats. I thought I want to be them when I die. Then I thought I would rather be them right now.

I am so tired.

I don't want to fight anymore. I have won all the Oscars, I don't want to act anymore.

I want what is left of my life to be my own. To be peaceful, protected and happy. I want to be my cats.

Before I could will my spirit to inhabit my cats, I caught myself - just in the nick of time.

Imagine my thoughts in their heads? Oh my god, that would be the most evil thing any human has ever done in the entire recorded history of mankind.

Their peace would be shattered. Their happiness would be murdered. Their playfulness would be destroyed.

They would run around the house desperately trying to escape their brains. They would smash their heads against the bathtub. They would wail, never to purr again.

Oh my god, I could never do that to them. Never.

Better that they inherit my soul when I die than my thoughts right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment