Sunday, March 13, 2022

I'm Not Good With Celebrities

Many years ago I went to a Little Feat concert with my friend Bryce.

Little Feat is to Bryce what The Allman Brothers are to me. And they are a helluva band. Love them. Great concert.

They were signing autographs after the show and Bryce had to have one. So we got in line and had about a 20 minute wait to get to the table.

Time enough for me to think about what I wanted to say. I refused to act like every other clueless fan; after all I am knowledgeable about music and I have important observations to make. My comment had to be unique, had to get their attention.

When I got to the table I said "You guys rock!" 

My guess is they have heard that before.

Friday night Carol and I motored on up to Laconia to see Marc Maron. I love the man, have followed him for years, I check out his podcast from time to time, I love the way he thinks. He is truthful, he doesn't throw up any false hope, he is a realist. And fucking funny.

We had great seats - two rows from the stage. The show was awesome.

Afterwards we waited a few minutes for the crowd to clear out. As we approached the lobby there was a crowd gathered right outside. We got closer and realized Marc was hanging with his fans. He was taking pictures with them. Unbelievable.

He broke from a crowd, Carol called out his name, I walked up and put my arm around him and his was around me. Posing for a picture. I really wanted to make an impression on the man.

I said "I love you, man - you are hilarious."

Admittedly, I had no time to compose myself, no time to come up with a memorable comment, but still...................my guess is he has heard that before.

Anyway, I got a cool picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment