Tuesday, March 15, 2022

One Day In A Row

I essentially work every other day.

Throw in one or two nights for shows and you have a truly eclectic schedule.

Typically I get one day off in a row.

This is not enough. Not     even     close.

I have been a proponent for 3 day weekends for most of my adult life. Two days is not enough.

You spend 95% of your two day weekend doing fucking chores. Being responsible. Doing the things little people have to do just to survive. Just surviving excludes fun. Erases that concept from your life.

A two day weekend is supposed to re-charge your soul. Make you feel human again. Prepare you for Monday morning battles that will suck the life out of your soul and leave you defenseless against the horrific injustices of the next 4 days.

Two days is not even close to being enough. Every working stiff should enjoy a three day weekend every fucking weekend.

One day "weekends" bring a smile to the face of the Marquis de Sade. The brain remains scrambled and it is impossible to find even 38 seconds of peace. And then..........................

If 3 days off is a cruise ship, one day off is a hypersonic jet.

Don't get me wrong.

I am grateful for..............................

The people I work with are........................

The job is.............................................

BUT

one day off in a row does nothing to quell my murderous rage.

It might even be feeding it.

Hard to tell.

And potentially dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment