Thursday, August 4, 2022

I AM Fighting Back

Been a lot of doom and gloom in here in the Year of Our Lord 2022.

I've been kicked around a bit and I'm feeling off balance. But I am fighting back.

Driving fast with the AC on and the sunroof open and the radio blasting. That is a recipe for success. Or survival. Or mental health.

Whatever type of recipe it is, it is fucking working for me.

An added bonus is that I haven't had a haircut since October. My hair whips around my head in wild and reckless abandon, confirming the truth that I am indeed a child of the sixties. And always will be, with no apologies.

When I lower myself into the driver's seat of that high powered, built for speed Hyundai, I feel like a man. I crank the AC, open the sunroof, blast the radio and fucking take off.

Nobody can touch me, nobody can hurt me.

"Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio." Hunter S. Thompson

His words ring true.

You start there, make yourself comfortable, and crank up the speed, and suddenly all the answers to the questions of the Universe are revealed to you.

Plus, it is a lot more fun tossing empty nips through the sunroof than it is to drop them cautiously out the driver's side window.

No comments:

Post a Comment