Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Only One French Door? (You're Kidding)

As I have previously mentioned, I start each morning by throwing wide open both French doors, let the cats out onto the screened-in porch, dig my book, dig my coffee, and generally marvel at the sunshine and beauty that surrounds me.

We have had many cold mornings this summer. One morning I decided it would be smarter to only open one French door. As if that would moderate the temperature some. What can I say, I am not exactly wide awake when I get up in the morning.

It drove me crazy. 

Every time I looked up from my book, the scenery was disturbed. It's not like the closed French door really blocked the view - its got plenty of windows, for Christ sake. But it disturbed the flow. The sightlines.

I had an afghan on my lap (it was that cold), a hot cup of coffee, I was so fucking content. I did not want to get up.

But that goddamn closed door distubed my peace of mind. It raised my blood pressure. It pissed me off.

Until I had to get up and throw it wide open too. I had no choice.

I sat down to peace of mind.

Later on, work would raise my blood pressure sky-high.

But in that moment, I felt decisive and wise.

And serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment