Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Pretty Smart

 "How do I guess at the future? Based on the omens of the present. The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better."

From The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho

Another version of living in the moment. There is no doubt that this is the way to live a life happily. But what gets me about this quote is the idea that if you imrove on the present, you improve on the future.

That's heavy, baby.

It hits me now because I have been awakening from the moroseness of knee trouble/fatness from cancer woes of 2022.

I am exercising regularly. Consuming a lot less alcohol. My brain is coming around.

I am improving upon my present to improve upon my future.

Seems pretty smart to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment