Wednesday, October 5, 2011

President Obama's Reality

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
President Obama is a victim of circumstance and timing. I voted for him in 2008, and I will again next year, and I refuse to back down or apologize for that.
I was blown away by his persona, his speeches, his intelligence and his intensity during the first campaign. Since then, I have been disappointed by his weakness, his insistence to try to work with republican scum, his compromises, his confusion. He has not governed as he campaigned.
He is campaigning again and the old President Obama has been resurrected. But this time around I need more. I need him to kick republican ass as well as make new promises. I need victories in government, I need him to stand tall and win a few battles against enemies who are vastly inferior in ever single measurement of humanity.
I believe President Obama was naive about what he could get done. He is learning and adjusting and he needs more time. Four more years. When you start a new job you are confused, nervous and inefficient. Over time you adjust and eventually you get comfortable. This is true of all of us.
Imagine your new job is as President of the United States. I rest my case. In addition I am willing to bet his presidency has had to deal with the most and the worst crises in history. If not the worst, his problems are right up there at the top of the list. In addition to that, he has had to deal with republican scum who REFUSE to co-operate with him, whose only goal is to see that he is not re-elected. I can't make this point strongly enough. These people do not care about the welfare of this country, about us wee folk, about anything of substance. They only want to stop President Obama and they will allow us wee folk to lose our jobs, our pensions, our futures; they will allow our homes to be grossly de-valued, they will stand by and watch the lives of the working people in this country disintegrate. Do you understand how dangerous that is? THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS COUNTRY AND THEY HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED TO RUN IT. I believe President Obama has had to deal with more opposition than any other president, and absolutely no co-operation.
Why? What is the basis for this stubborn opposition? Intelligent analysis? Please, look at who you are dealing with. I am convinced the roots of this disrespect stem from racism. Don't take my word for it; go online and research racist comments about President Obama made by members of our own governing body. You should be enraged and disgusted; if you are not than you are worthless as a human.
I said President Obama is a victim of circumstance and timing. He was elected at a time when corporate greed, political greed and inefficiency are at an all time high. They are out in the open for all to see and there are no or minimal consequences. None. Enron, AOL Time Warner, Arthur Andersen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Halliburton, Merck, Tyco, Xerox. That is only a partial list. All corporate scandals. Look at what happened on Wall Street in the last couple of years. Look at what the banking system has done. Look at all the politicians who are backed by huge corporations. Who openly vote against energy alternatives because their campaigns are financed by major oil companies, as one small example.
The integrity of our political system has deteriorated for a long time and President Obama was elected at a time when it is at an all time low. He inherited huge problems created by that American Idiot, George W. Bush. He walked into the middle of all this crap and he had the lack of foresight to be BLACK on top of everything else.
I am not naive. I know that President Obama has been the beneficiary of funding from major corporations and this bothers me. I know he bailed out Wall Street when they should have been jailed. I know he bailed out the banks when they should have been jailed. I know that he has continued to try to work with republican scum even as they continue to disrespect him, and I know this optimism on his part has hurt this country. All of this bothers me.
But I also know that this man has not been given a chance. I know that if he gets re-elected he will kick ass because he will have nothing to lose and he will have learned his lessons. The first time around there was a lot of white guilt tied up in his votes. If he wins this time, it will mean that the wee folk finally figured out that republican scum don't give a damn about them, that they are destroying middle America while simultaneously kissing the ass of Wall Street, the banking system and the Big Money Boys. Unfortunately his re-election would not be a sign that we are becoming more intelligent when it comes to race; this country is way too stupid to ever stop judging people by the color of their skin.
If President Obama gets re-elected, this country will have a future. If he is defeated this country will be destroyed. That really is the magnitude of this election.
Do not vote republican unless you are OK with losing your home, your retirement, your future and your dignity. These people are openly mocking you.
Fight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment