Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Words and The Image Projected

I would like to incorporate the term "much obliged" into my everyday speech. If movies are an accurate indicator, apparently this was a much used term in the wild west. I like the image of me tipping my hat and humbly mumbling much obliged to someone instead of saying thank you. However if I do this I risk setting myself even further apart from people typically described as normal. And I would have to start wearing a hat.
Lord have mercy is another great term. You hear it all the time in great old blues tunes. I would like to use it, but it would have to come from a place of profound belief. In other words, if I truly believed that there is a god floating around up there gleefully waiting to judge my life, if I truly felt the need for his forgiveness, then it would be cool to say Lord have mercy in certain circumstances. I will work on that.
Lastly, I am still inspired to make "he's relentless............like the honey badger" a natural part of my conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment