Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Can't Stand This

Just watched the replay/hype of the Saints winning the Super Bowl against the Colts. Not because I have any special interest in that particular game. Although I do have a romantic, voodoo inflected relationship with New Orleans and what the Saints victory meant to that city. Because I am beginning to fire up my juices for THE PATS 2011 postseason run.
Sitting there in my recliner vibrating like a gong that T-Rex just banged, visualizing myself at Keith's house watching THE PATS compete in Super Bowl XLVI.
I already have them there. I'm gonna say this quietly so nobody really hears me. Don't want to jinx them. BUT I see us beating Denver, Houston beating Baltimore and us beating Houston. Bang we're in the Super Bowl. Packers beat the Giants, Saints beat San Fran, Packers beat the Saints.
Presto - The Revenge Bowl. January 26, 1997. Packers 35. PATS 21.
Even if I am wrong ( a trillion to one shot), I could deal with us facing The New York Football Giants. February 3, 2008. Giants 17. PATS 14. This one would be the It's Time For You To Die Bowl. (That game broke my goddamn heart).
The details are irrelevant. I am antsy, excited, anxious, anticipatory, impatient. Cannot wait for Saturday night. Can't think about anything else. Do not want to think about anything else.
Football consumes me. And THE PATS consume football.
Life is all about the NFL playoffs. The postseason.
THE SUPER BOWL.
XXXVI. XXXVIII. XXXIX.
Those numbers are tattooed on the inside wall of my aorta.
Still got room for XLVI.
FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I could drink it or snort it or inject it into my veins, I would.

1 comment:

  1. Don't look now Joe but.....Eli's commin
    Jints and Pats Deja Vu 2!!
    GO BIG BLUE!!!
    PS..If the Giants happen to lose this weekend....
    GO PATS!!

    ReplyDelete