Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Job Interviews Are Sure A Lot Of Fun

Got a job interview within the booze world next week. Had one once before that didn't go so well. Also had a couple lined up that vanished into thin air. Strange, no?
The only time I actually pierced the veil was just for the experience. The job was way over my head but I was advised by friends and co-workers to do it for the experience. It was good advice because the liquor commission is a strange entity and you need to know what you are dealing with.
It was the first interview I ever went on that was specifically designed to intimidate me, and that's saying a lot because I have been around for 158 years. Surrounded by THREE interviewers with no smiles and even less personality.
I had to suppress a smile when I walked into the room because it was so incredibly bizarre. The fact that I had no chance at the job probably played into the whole thing as well. My head was in a weird place and their heads were in the corporate clouds, which is a place of zero vision and a lot of gas.
I have a strategy this time. Gonna walk in with flowers for the HR maven and Cohiba cigars for the male intimidators. Then I'll drop to my knees and answer all their questions from that position.
I think that will give them what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment