Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Banner Day

I have been distracted for weeks.

I finished a book a day or so ago and realized exactly how distracted.

I had no other book lined up for consumption. This is so rare that it disturbed me greatly. I felt lost. Completely lost when I discovered this.

I have other books in the house. Books I could read. But they are books I keep around as fillers and I rarely can get myself to read them.

Because I want the next book always to be a book I have chosen.

I am very weird that way.

There is a book winging it's way to me as I speak but I cannot wait.

I'll choose a book and read it and enjoy it but my mind will be distracted.

I am too old for filler. For killing time. For killing books.

I have 73 books on the Amazon wish list. 73. That is not a lie.

One of my indulgences when I get back on my feet will be to buy every book on the wish list all at once.

That will be a banner day.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever read Nelson DeMille? I just finished "The Panther" and I thought of you. This is the type of fiction you could write. Not necessarily the subject matter, but it was a serious matter where I laughed my ass off. Great read if you get the chance. Put it on your wish list.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Nelson DeMille. But I will now. I love discovering new authors. Thanks to you I now have 74 books on the wish list.
    I look forward to reading it and maybe gaining some writing inspiration from it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete