Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Movies

The movies. Some consider it an escape from reality, but really it becomes your reality for a while. And if you are watching Pink Flamingos that is a definite problem.
I have fond memories of sneaking food and booze into the theater. Carol sold Tupperware and had awesome cups with tight seals that did not leak. I'd fill a cup with whiskey and she would throw it in her bag. As I think back on it I am amazed that no do gooder ever turned me in. Hard to disguise the whiskey aroma. But then again, being concerned with everybody else's business was not as big a disease as it is today.
Carol would make popcorn and sneak that in too so we didn't have to pay $45 for 1 oz.
Movies rest my brain from worry and regret and stimulate my emotions. Some make me think.
I love movies for that. For giving me a different reality to live in for a couple of hours.
Sweet release.

No comments:

Post a Comment