Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cold Inspiration

We keep the temperature down now and I am cold in my own home. Cold in my truck.

I am cold a lot.

I recently started thinking that there are benefits to winter. Winter is not a comfortable or an easy time. When you are uncomfortable, when you struggle, it is impossible to be complacent.

Maybe that is the function of winter. To keep you moving, to feed the hunger for change.

If you can roll into the beauty and the warmth of spring having accomplished something during the winter months, that hopeful spring feeling gets amplified. Even if that accomplishment is simply a changed perspective, a vigorous determination, a more open mind, it is still fuel to be burned in spring's beauty.

If it is something more concrete like a new job, elevated income, lost weight, an outlandish paisley silk tie, all the better.

Rationalization is at the root of human survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment