Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why Do I Love Her Again?

The alarm had gone off, Carol was up and I was lying in a cocoon of warmth.

You know what I mean, when you are curled up in the fetal position on a cold January morning and you are perfectly comfortable, perfectly warm.

And then........................Lakota climbed up on top of me and laid down on my side. And began to touch my ear with her paw. Would have been cute except her claws were not fully retracted.

I moved my head a bit and then her paws were exploring the side of my face. Again with claws not fully retracted.

Gently but annoyingly.

I jerked my head a bit and she got the message and climbed down. She walked to the foot of the bed and I drifted back into a semi-sleep state.

Until she attacked my feet. If I move my feet at all under the covers and she is in a playful mood she will savage my feet.

I'm talking scratches.

I sat up and she immediately curled up in the warm spot where my bloated body had been.

I got out of bed and kissed her on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment