Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Springsteen Effect

Being the boss changes things. As you are required to evaluate those you work with, they are busily evaluating you. Poking and probing.

I am a laid back guy who gets along with everybody who doesn't sh** on me. I go out of my way to treat people well because I know everybody is human and mistake prone, in pain and generally confused.

When you introduce the boss dynamic into the equation, normal human to human interaction dies. My approach to life has rewarded me with many friends over the years and has helped me to avoid being shot or stabbed in the back. Well, at least shot.

Suddenly I feel like I am walking around with a target on my back. People trying to figure out how they can use me or take advantage of me, trying to test me, pushing me when they see weakness.

I'm telling you, baby, when the aliens finally show up to study intelligent life on this planet they will bypass humans all together and go straight for the animal world.

No comments:

Post a Comment