Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Unfortunate Mouse

Got me a little oasis of peace.
Wine training today.
32 wines tasted and spit in 2 and 1/2 hours.
Taking notes in an artificial oenophile environment.
Hints of chocolate my ass.
Home at 3:15.
Thank Christ.
Tomorrow off.
Due in on Friday at 11:00.
After 7 consecutive at Lompoc last week I stumbled into Easter.
It was magnificent. But not enough.
Now I am trying to catch my breath in 43 and 3/4 hours which is
easier said than done because I have been running hard.
Sipping on a beer at 3:16, talking to Eric.
Feeling wiped out peaceful.
Let the cats out on the porch because they deserve it.
I love their spiritual essence.
Lakota scratches to come in first. Always.
Because she likes heat, not April 3 cold.
Maka next.
With a mouse in her mouth.
I don't want no goddamn damaged mouse in the house in this rare moment of quiet.
I kick the door a couple of times, Maka drops the mouse and re-enters.
Mighty hunter.
All six pounds of her.
I finish my beer and grab a paper towel to tail the mouse.
I do not like to touch mice, dead or alive.
Paper towel protection.
Like illusion of immortality we all pretend.
Wow, a pretentious metaphor.
I toss the definitely dead mouse out onto the lawn buried in two feet of snow.
I am unhappy right now.
But better off than that unfortunate mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment