Sunday, January 18, 2015

Gobblydegook

I thought I would write some gobbledegook.

I have been inspired by some of John Lennon's writing. You got to have patience to read it. If you do it is pretty entertaining.

I have to wonder though, as I always do, whether he is being cut slack as a Beatle when they call his writing genius.

On one level I suppose you could say that. On another level you could call it childish.

Depends on your perspective I guess.

This happens all the time though. An artist veers off in a direction that is original and quite personal and some critics hail the work as fresh genius unmatched in intensity and creative inventiveness.

Others call it rubbish.

Subtly nuanced is one of my favorite descriptions. When a critic is trying to make a distinction about some new work by a creative type, trying to separate it from previous work, they call it subtly nuanced.

Even though as hard as you try you cannot see it, hear it, or in any other way discern the originality of this stuff.

I believe critics take liberties in their supposed expertise to make more of something than it is.

Here is some gobbledegook to get me out of here.

I am feeling Sunday morning blues football ecstatic in an understated yet explosive way as I count the minutes (and the years) racing by in a Ferrari blur of sounds, emotions, impressions, and expectations. I am here but I am not and later I will be somewhere else rooted like a plant in intensity and (hopefully) ecstasy. It's Sunday I ain't in Dina church but I am no less spiritual and at exactly 6:40 I will be in JoeChurch worshipping like the Devil. Today is a goddamn good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment