Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Trust Yourself

Carol went to an Oriental restaurant for lunch last week with her work crew and came home with a fortune.

She wanted me to play the lucky numbers in the lottery, which I did.

I don't know if we won yet or not; I haven't checked. I am cavalier about such things, recognizing of course that money cannot buy happiness and that it is more important to contribute to society through diligent work and self sacrifice; dedication to your job.

What? Jesus Christ I am going to check that number as soon as I stop dribbling this drivel onto the page.

I was more interested in the saying printed on the other side of the fortune.

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think."

That is probably true of most of us and a good philosophy to carry forth into 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment