Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Small Talk

Inhabited the recliner for the 5:00 to 6:30 slot before cooking supper last night.

You know, "Around The Horn, PTI," miscellaneous. Flipping back and forth between ESPN and the NFL Network.

Caught coverage of THE PATS' plane landing in Arizona. Watched them "de-plane." Got excited.

I do not apologize for this. This is the approach I am taking this week. I am going to watch a lot of coverage. I will laugh at stupidity, wallow in sentimentality and ride a wave of excitement.

I do get caught up in seemingly silly things. Like getting excited at watching THE PATS walk off their plane. I refuse to be embarrassed by this. Instead, this year I champion my obsession.

It is the goddamn Super Bowl for Christ sake, and I am going to wrestle every moment of anticipation and future memory out of the event. I will do it my way and dig what I dig with an easy grace and an emotions on my sleeve boldness.

Got a kick out of the de-planning commentary, though. Andrew Siciliano. I have to believe he was doing it tongue in cheek. I think he is too smart to "report" details like "Looks like Brady is wearing a scarf."

Turned out Brady had a pair of high priced headphones draped around his neck, which Jamie Dukes did not hesitate to point out.

I sense tension on the set - always - when Siciliano is the anchor. I  think the ex-athlete/sportscasters do not like him. I don't. He is obnoxious. It is obvious to me that Mike Mayock despises him. Then again Mike Mayock is a bit of a turd himself. Got that old school tough football guy mentality and no sense of humor.

Siciliano noted "Here comes Vince Wilfork all dressed in black."

To which Solomon Wilcots remarked "Very slimming."

I'm pumped. Forgot to watch the 8:00 p.m. Brady/Belichick press conference last night. Carol and I were watching "Rescue Me" on Netflix.

We are flying through every season every episode. We loved it when it was on the air and we are digging it on Netflix.

Great show.

Anyway, it is Tuesday already. FYI the Super Bowl is on Sunday.

Luckily I have today off. Carol does too. Snow, baby - snow. The only thing it is good for is panic and bonus days off.

Frankly I am stunned. The NH State Liquor Commission has proved over and over again that they do not give a damn about their employees in any way, shape, form or manner. I have driven white knuckled to work through blizzards so many times it makes me nauseous to think about it.

So the store can rake in $118 in sales.

I have it on good advice that it took some high level prodding to get these bozos to close the stores today and that they did it hours after every other state run agency had already announced closings.

Cannot wait to escape their evil, greasy clutches.

BUT I am home today with my extra special wife and we will dig this bonus time deliciously.

Gonna be Super Bowl coverage, gonna be "Rescue Me", gonna be shoveling, gonna be a nice dinner.

Meanwhile the countdown to Super Bowl XLIX continues as January slides into February.

A week to remember, baby - a week to remember,

No comments:

Post a Comment