Sunday, September 6, 2015

Gazing at the Ceiling

I have to laugh at myself sometimes.

Every day I have to stretch my neck/spine. I lie on the floor with a towel under my neck for ten minutes gazing up at the ceiling.

I do it in front of the TV so I can listen to something that interests me.

Lately it has been football talk. Except now all the NFL network shows is replays of pre-season games.

Who the hell needs that?

Sports Center is a waste of time because all the commentators are trying so hard to be witty and to use cutesy terms that it makes me nautious.

So this morning I tuned in the U.S. Open.

Seconds into the stretch I laughed.

I am lying there listening to a racket hit a ball.

That's it. I don't know who is doing what, I don't know how the volley looks. I can't get excited, and even if the volley is a great one I cannot see it.

The commentators are doing their thing but it doesn't help me at all. I haven't stayed in touch with tennis and I don't recognize the names.

The only thing I could think of after laughing was how to describe to you in words the sound of a racket hitting a ball.

I can't do it.

I feel silly but my neck feels better.

Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment