Saturday, September 12, 2015

It Ain't Over Until We Say It's Over

So what do you think?

Strolled onto the deck this morning at 8:30, laptop in hand, ready to spew words.

It was so bright I could not see my screen.

Life is tough, no?

Man what a delicious dilemma. I threw the machine back into the room and preceded to meditate on the waves and the brilliant sunshine.

The sun was level, in my face and fifteen minutes later I was sweating droplets down my chest. So much so that I retreated to the safety of the room. Set up a chair in the door and loved the scenery.

Who could have predicted.

Carol and I chowed at a cool breakfast place we found (because Dunkin Donuts is closed - no Tailgater Sandwich, man) then came back to hit the beach.

It was our first dedicated beach assault. Thursday we took a walk. Friday we never hit the beach at all. Just hung on the porch in perfect and serene contentment.

Today we set up camp.

BUT about 1 and 1/2 hours in, the wind kicked up and the temperature dropped. By the time Cori arrived it was arctic cold.

We persevered as much as we could then retreated to the deck which accomplished nothing so we strolled down town.

Big doin's.

Motorcycle rally and a bicycle race. Lots of people and it was much warmer.

We ended up shopping, which I did not dig at all but sometimes you gotta take one for the team.

So here I am. Showered and refreshed. After Carol showers we are heading downtown to meet John, Jay, Cori, Bill and Gail for some chow.

And the race.

But Carol and I are firm. I uttered words I never thought I would say. "I do not want to spend the whole night in a bar."

I don't and neither does Carol. We want to watch the race but we want to absorb our last night on the beach.

We might watch some of it with the crew but after that we are returning to paradise.

We'll put the race on the tube and sit out on the deck even if we have to wrap ourselves in blankets.

The weekend?

Pretty spectacular. We got some peace, we evolved to a point very close to our own unique humanities.

Got centered close to the soul. Close to the bone.

I got a lot more to say, but not now.

We are entering the final lap. Gotta keep my eyes focused, my joy uplifted and my soul nourished and looking for more.

We are not done.

This weekend has done us good.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment