Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ode to September

September.

You are here.

Be gentle with me. Treat me like summer.

Give me all the heat you have to give.

Please....................................

This is it. The last gasp.

There is nothing ahead of me but cold and snow and anger and intense hatred of this place called New England.

Again. And again and again and again.

Please......................................

The only life I feel comes from heat. And sun.

I am begging you.

Be gentle be hot be summer.

When you are gone I will hang my head low and slide into the dark the cold disgust and depression for 9 long months.

I will accomplish nothing I will feel nothing I will be dead barely breathing.

Please September.

You are my last hope for 2015.

My last opportunity for life in this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment