Tuesday, April 20, 2021

This Is Why I Read James Clear

This has been a bad month for me.

The lifesaving routine I established for myself has been temporarily shattered. I feel lost. I feel shaky. Many daily blocks that I use to track my progress in my monthly planner are blank in the month of April.

I am searching for inspiration. Went to James Clear. Stumbled upon an article titled "What I Do When I Feel Like Giving Up."

An excerpt: "Life is a constant balance between giving into the ease of distraction or overcoming the pain of discipline. It is not an exaggeration to say that our lives and our identities are defined in this delicate balance. What is life, if not the sum of a hundred thousand daily battles and tiny decisions to either gut it out or give it up?

This moment when you don't feel like doing the work? This is not a moment to be thrown away. This is not a dress rehearsal. This moment is your life as much as any other moment. Spend it in a way that will make you proud."

Perspective in his words. Nothing in my life has been shattered. I have just been thrown off balance by things interfering with my schedule. I have not been able to accomplish as much as I normally do and I am feeling empty.

I am all about rhythm. My rhythm has been disturbed. I have to tap back into that rhythm. Bring it back up and dance to it.

The message, as I think about it, is not to give up or despair. The message is that what I have been doing is working beautifully and I have to get back to it no matter what.

I have to leave shortly to get zapped. Tomorrow I dive back into 3 days of exquisite torture.

I have to hang on until Saturday. I have to re-establish my life saving routine. I have to make that happen.

I would be an idiot not to.

I have found the key. It can't be ignored.

James Clear. You are a hot shit, man. You gave me exactly what I need exactly when I needed it.

My life saving plan is foolproof and you are a part of my plan.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment